Internship at Enclosed
We are looking to engage 1-2 interns for at least a three-month commitment in our San Francisco offices. One strong part-time (three days a week) candidate will also be considered. Start date is flexible. Primarily seeking college students, but will also consider recently graduated candidates.
The focus of the internship will be jointly-developed to both focus on the intern’s aspirations balanced with the current needs of the company. This is an entry-level role, and no previous office experience is required. However, candidates must be ready to immerse themselves in the startup experience, enthusiastic to learn how the company operates from top to bottom, and pay incredible attention to detail in every task they do.
Our goal by the end of your internship is you will be better experienced in many aspects of entrepreneurship, take on more responsibilities in the workplace, and to prepare you for success in another professional role.
Nature of Engagement
The team is based in San Francisco and growing rapidly. We need team players who can check their egos at the door. In exchange, interns will receive a massively fun, informative and career-building experience. Their contributions will directly impact the success of the company and they will get to participate in an exciting, growing workplace.
The focus of the internship will be general start-up work, as well as specific work within pre-agreed areas of focus which can be referred to below.
- Real enthusiasm for a start-up experience, and entrepreneurial at heart.
- Willing and excited to help in all stages of an early start up i.e. a Jill or Jack of all trades is crucial.
- A “can-do” attitude to tackle all projects we send your way.
- Great attention to detail, well organized and consistently delivers quality performance.
- Strong communications skills, isn’t afraid to ask questions, solve problems in a creative way, and bring their own ideas and viewpoints to the table.
- Strong writing skills and ability to adopt the “voice” of Enclosed.
- Willing to work in all areas of the business procedures, from marketing, to operations, to design.
Bonus Skills, But Not Required
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel (e.g. pivot tables)
- WordPress and Website Design
- Coding such as basic HTML
- SEO best-practices
- Adobe Photoshop
We encourage interns to indicate their preferred area of focus, but it is not required. Our interns will be involved and trained in all areas of the Enclosed business, providing them with an opportunity to become well-rounded professionals. Specific focus-areas we cover at Enclosed include:
- Marketing & Start-Up Operations: May involve email, online, print, SEO and web marketing. Can be involved with vendors, managing processes, writing content for website and marketing materials.
- Data Analytics: Involves extensive work with Excel, developing and implementing changes to business process, focusing on both metrics and strategy to improve those metrics. Developing and optimizing KPIs for all parts of the business.
- Design & Website Development: Involves graphic design, content, SEO or coding. Does require previous experience with WordPress and other design programs.
If the intern is a graduate, i.e. not going back to school, we will absolutely consider hiring him/ her upon completion of the internship. (Several members of our team joined this way.)
To be considered for the positions please submit your resume as well as a cover letter stating why you think you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com. NOTE: Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Monthly stipend offered based on relevant experience.
Go back to main jobs listings page>